Lets see how I fare... Panera Bread Menu De-Construction!
There are so many options and combinations to choose from, I think its best if I just give you the best and worst options.
BEST Breakfast Options:
1. Power Breakfast Sandwich- 340 calories (My FAVORITE!)
2. Whole Grain or Blueberry Bagel either plain or with Lite Cream Cheese..and there is no need to use the entire container of creme cheese...it's way more than what is necessary! (Plain Bagel=340 calories; with light cream cheese= 450)
WORST: Any bagel with regular cream cheese. Also, the soufflés are pretty bad..they average over 500 calories!
Lunch/Dinner: BEST Options:
1. Vegetarian Black Bean Soup- 240 calories
2. Chicken Noodle Soup- 120 Calories (good option...and yummy!)
3. Garden Vegetable Soup with Pesto- 150 calories
4. Greek Salad- 370 Calories
5. Asian Sesame Chicken Salad- 450 Calories
6. Tuna Salad on Honey Wheat- 510 calories (woo hoo!!)
|Mac and Cheesey badness!|
1. New England Clam Chowder- eeek! 630 calories
2. Steak and Blue Cheese Chopped Salad- 790 calories! Holy Moly!
3. Italian Combo with Ham Sandwich- 980 calories
4. Bacon Turkey Bravo- 800 calories
5. Sierra Turkey on Asiago Cheese- 920 calories
6. **ALL of the HOT sandwiches/paninis are BAD!**--average over 700 calories..avoid!
7. Mac and Cheese- 980 calories...oh my!
So, looks like my "you pick two" is pretty darn good! Remember, the you pick two is HALF of each item..so cut the above calories in half for each item!
And once again...no soda please!
Happy Weekend Everyone!